Join Our Team!
Tranquilo is a dynamic, fast-paced startup that is committed to helping babies and parents.
Tranquilo has created a market-disruptive baby-soothing device that initiates a baby's calming response by mimicking the sounds and motions of a mother's womb.
We believe our product helps new parents facilitate better bonds with their babies and empowers them with the tools they need to create more peaceful households. We believe in our mission and are looking for passionate individuals willing to work hard everyday.
|We are looking for a Product Manager to join our team to assist in the coordination of Tranquilo's manufacturing and production process. Our ideal candidate is a detail-oriented and organized individual with consumer product management experience who is hands-on and invested in Tranquilo's mission and products.
Product Manager Position Details
Telecommutable, with high preference given to candidates near Boston, MA
- Function as a central resource with design, manufacturing, quality control, and safety testing.
- Direct those involved in the design, modification and evaluation of all phases of production.
- Formulate and execute long-term plans for cost/profit control.
- Oversee new product iterations including integration of software.
- Source new factories while working to manage current factories and sub-suppliers.
- Find and manage new suppliers in electronics, fabric, injection molded plastic, and foam.
- Manage the entire Tranquilo production life cycle including generating product requirements, determining specifications, and production timetables.
- Facilitate inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Establish time schedules with Tranquilo's engineering and manufacturing partners.
- Assist with domestic and international shipments including booking FOB or XWorks via air or sea.
- Coordinate with customs broker.
- Travel internationally to Asia 1-2 times per year to meet with factories and suppliers.
Our ideal candidate:
- Has 2-3 years of product management experience with consumer products, preferably with electronic consumer products.
- Maintains excellent writing, verbal communication, and language skills.
- Practices superior time management.
- Is comfortable working remotely and in a startup environment.
- Experience in baby consumer goods industry preferred but not required.
- Intermediate language skills in technical Mandarin Chinese preferred but not required; fluent in English.
- Knowledge of engineering and production terms in Mandarin Chinese preferred but not required.
To apply, email the below items to email@example.com with "Product Manager" in the subject line:
- Cover letter explaining why you'd be a great fit for this position and what your availability is.
- A current resume.